Wednesday, February 2, 2022 marked the annual Spring Signing Day for football athletes from across the country making that transition from high school and Junior College to a 4 year institution fulfilling a lifelong dream. The Alcorn State University (ASU) Braves Football team welcomed 11 signees to ‘The Reservation’ in helps of getting them back on track to winning the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Championship.
The Braves had 11 signees which were:
- Jarveon Howard, a 5’10” 202 pound Running Back from East Marion High School in Columbia, Mississippi.
- Aaron Allen, a 6’0″ 175 pound Quarterback from Ridge Point High School in Missouri City, Texas.
- Kyjuan Herndon, a 5’9″ 175 pound Running Back from Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Ronald Brown, a 6’2″ 315 pound Offensive Lineman from Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead, Mississippi.
- Arjalen Marshall, a 6’0″ 240 pound Defensive Tackle from Laurel High School in Laurel, Mississippi.
- Charles Gonzales, a 6’3″ 240 pound Defensive Lineman from Cisco Community College in Cisco, Texas.
- Jaquez Dew, a 6’1″ 215 pound Linebacker from Lynoir-Ryhne University in Hickory, North Carolina.
- Connor Foy, 6’2″ 290 pound Offensive Lineman from Pearl High School in Pearl, Mississippi.
- Christopher Smith, a 6’4″ 200 pound Defensive Lineman from Lakeland Christian School in Lakeland, Florida.
- Andrew Smith, a 5’9″ 170 pound Defensive Back from Cisco Community College in Cisco, Texas.
- Chris Ballard, a 6’2″ 230 pound Defensive Lineman from Riverside Community College in Riverside, California.