Being a full-time college student can be extremely hard. With tons of things on our plate, it feels as if we don’t have enough time. Time to do our work, have fun, or simply have time to ourselves. All of this can be fixed with proper time management. Time management is the ability to use one’s time effectively and productively. Since many of us lack time management it adds unwanted stress but here are five effective ways to improve your time management.
- PRIORITIZE the important things in your life. For example, schoolwork is important right now which means schoolwork should always come first, not partying. Get your priorities in order.
- PLANNING will benefit you on the long road. If you take five minutes at the end of each day to plan what needs to be done tomorrow when the next day arrives you won’t be stressed because you have a clear plan and how to go about executing it.
- GETTING RID OF INTERRUPTIONS will eliminate a lot of unwanted stress. Interruptions cause you to get off track and mess up your pace. You don’t want to be slowed down because this will add turmoil which will cause you to stress out if you don’t stick to the plan.
- CREATING A ROUTINE can help establish structure and when you have structure, you’re prepared for things that come your way.
- SELF AWARENESS is a great tool to master. Be aware of the time you have throughout the day and learn to not abuse it. Time is something you can’t get back so be aware of how you’re spending your time.
I hope these tips help you all in the long run. And remember having a stress-free life is only a well-thought-out plan away.