So, this week I decided to switch things up a little. I love my hair, make-up and all things glam but this week is for my guys with these beards that the ladies die for. You all know what I’m talking about, those Drake beards. Today I’m going to teach you guys how to maintain a healthy beard. The first thing you will need is commitment.
- Make sure you trim your beard.
- By trimming your beard, it allows it to maintain a chosen shape and healthy look. Trimming the beard will reduce the appearance of split ends. In this picture above the man’s beard is shaped up giving it fullness and presence.
- Don’t neglect the skin underneath your beard.
- The skin underneath your beard is very important. You should wash it and oil it just as you would do your scalp. Find a moisturizer that best works with your hair and skin.
- Build a beard grooming kit.
- Beard Soap
- Beard Oil
- Beard Balm
- Beard Comb
- Moustache Comb
- Using the right shampoo will stop hair breakage and keep it from becoming brittle. Wash your beard at least three times each week. A clean, well moisturized beard will look healthy and fuller. Bar soap can be used, however, it will not cause any problems to the hair but it can cause problems with the skin under the beard. Find a gentle shampoo.
Conditioners are used to soften the hair after it has been shampooed. It can make your beard look fuller and well maintained. Leave-in conditioners can also be very beneficial to a healthy beard.
Use the right products to keep your beards from becoming dry and brittle.
With these simple techniques your beard will definitely flourish. Good luck!